IACCA's Annual Conference
October 21-24 | Epworth By The Sea | St. Simons Island, Georgia
IACCA’s Annual Conference is for non-profit conference center administrators looking to take their centers to the next level. This calls for creativity, collaboration, and communication – and more than a little outside of the box thinking! In fact, this year, we’re tossing the box out altogether.
What You Can Expect
The value of IACCA’s conference comes from its content and its community. From keynote presentations to hot topic roundtable discussions, with even more programmatic time this year, the conference is intentionally designed to give you:
- Current insight No recycled workshops here; this year’s program is chockfull of insight relevant to your center and your staff now.
- Concrete takeaways Sometimes you need broad inspiration – and sometimes you need to know five ways to use Facebook more effectively. This year’s workshop lineup will give you both.
- Cohesive community Put 50 conference center administrators together in one room, and you don’t have to imagine the breadth and depth of experience and insight – you’ll have access to it!
- Jack Shitama, Certified Conference Center Professional and Executive Director of Pecometh Camp & Retreat Ministries is our keynote speaker. Jack has served as Pecometh’s Executive Director since 2000 and is the author of “Anxious Church, Anxious People: How to Lead Change in an Age of Anxiety” and One New Habit, One Big Goal: Change Your Life in 10 Weeks.”
- 12 workshops that will dig in deep on creativity (from creative hospitality ideas to using travel websites to expand your client pool), communication (including developing effective evaluations), and collaboration (featuring a session on working with conference/diocesan leadership to make your center the heart of your community). Conference Workshop & Speaker Descriptions are available here.
- Hot Topics are an opportunity for the group to discuss pressing hot-button issues and how other centers have addressed them (previous topics have included service animals and handling special dietary needs). Attendees will have a chance to suggest a hot topic once on-site.
- Pre-Conference Intensives on Staff Leadership and Not-for-Profit Purpose & Governance will be offered on October 19 and 20. These full-day courses each can apply toward IACCA Conference Center Professional Certification and won't be offered again. You can add one or both of these courses when registering. To inquire about attending a pre-conference intensive without the Annual Conference, please email Ashley@IACCA.org.
Why IACCA’s Annual Conference?
- Know that you are not alone! Our non-profit conference centers are often understaffed, under-budgeted, and geographically isolated. IACCA is built on 40 years of industry expertise on these addressing these challenges and so much more.
- Location, location, location: Epworth By The-Sea is a beautiful waterfront center in the Golden Isles of Georgia, an hour south of Savannah. You can expect well-appointed modern hotel-style accommodations, temperatures in the 70s, and gorgeous sunsets.
Rates include room and board, all program fees and materials, and any scheduled outings.
- Single Room: $770/person
- Double Room: $621/person
- Commuter Rate: $450/person
Travel & Transportation
The nearest airport to Epworth By The Sea is Brunswick (BQK). Jacksonville (JAX) is one hour away. Airport shuttles will be available to/from Jacksonville. You can add this during registration. Please send your travel arrangements to Tiffany Flavell.
Greetings from Epworth By The Sea!
Why Should You Attend IACCA's Annual Conference?